Chicken sausage with pumpkin cream sauce
Author: Xiomara Meeks
- 1 package Al Fresco chicken sausage, cut in ¼ in slices
- 2 tbsp sofrito
- 2 tbsp McClain's Pumpkin Butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Troyer's Amish butter
- salt to taste
- For sofrito:
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium size purple onion (I prefer purple, but you can use white or yellow)
- 1 cubanelle pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 culantro leaves (if you can't find culantro, you can double your cilantro)
- 1 cup cilantro
- Add the olive oil to a heated large pan with sides. Then add 2 tbsp of sofrito and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken sausage and follow package instructions. Remove the sausage slices from the pan.
- Add pumpkin butter and whipping cream to the pan and cook over medium heat for about 10-12 minutes until thickened. Add 1 tbsp of butter, then add cooked pasta and sausage.
- To make sofrito: Chop and blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Season with salt. Keep refrigerated.
Recipe by Parkesdale Farm Market Blog at http://www.parkesdale.com/blog/2013/11/pumpkin-cream-pasta/