Disclaimer: I have received a free entry to the Color Me Rad 5k through my relationship with the Tampa Bay Bloggers. I was not compensated monetarily for this post. All opinions are my own as always.
There seems to be a new breed of races. Back in March I participated in the Electrodash 5k and this month I will be running the Color Me Rad 5k. The race will be May 24th at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa. A great thing about that venue is the location. It’s so close from Plant City. There’s ample parking and there are real bathrooms! A win in my book.
If you haven’t heard about the Color Me Rad races these types of races are really fun. There’s no one timing you and there are no “winners” per say, just a bunch of people wanting to have a good time while excersicing. The point is not necessarily to finish forts, but to get as much different color paint on you as you possibly can. There are special “cannons” that fire off a blaze of color bombs throughout a multi-toned course. In other words, get ready to look like a messy bag of skittles!
This will be my first time running Color Me Rad but here are some tips:
- Make sure to wear white. You want to get all the colors to show off nicely. Think of it as your trophy shirt!
- You might want to bring some sunglasses to shield your eyes.
- Don’t worry if the color gets in your match. It’s just colored corn starch.
- If you have light colored hair, you might want to use some leave in conditioner before hand.
- Just remember to have fun! This is not a timed race so enjoy the course.